Position: Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Our client is Canada’s leading 3PL company in Supply Chain and Logistics who are now looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst for their team. As a BI Analyst you will be a crucial member of the BI team by supporting the BI Lead and implement customer projects, change requests and manage day-to-day support of the business inquiries and BI environment. You will also assist in the design and implementation of standardized reporting & analytics processes to support the needs of the business.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are a team player
- You work with stakeholder to effectively analyze business requirements for Business Intelligence solutions and user/operational reports
- Actively seek out opportunities to add business values through analytics and reporting
- Participate in the conceptual design o the BI report development, dashboard and visualization solutions that is compliant with business standards
- You participate in the conceptual design of BI report development/dashboard and visualization solutions that meet business objectives in compliance with best practices
- Respond to analytical requests with solution design from the bottom up, addressing: data modeling, analytical structure, security and BI visualization
- Develop, design and support reporting solutions using the SAP BW, SAP Business Objects (Crystal, Webi) & Qlik Sense
- Design BI/BW data models, data store objects, and information stores to sustain current and future needs
- Design/develop custom data sources based on business requirements in SAP or non-SAP systems or enhance standard SAP data sources
- Prepare initiative related documentation (solution designs, business rules, technical information, test plans/scripts & etc.)
- Provide maintenance of the existing BW, Business Objects & Qlik Sense environments including data loads, security and etc.
- Bring forth exceptional customer support skills, training, investigation & troubleshooting of inquiries/tickets
- Set up Enterprise standards and best practices and ensure optimal system performance & data integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 8 + years of experience modeling/implementation of SAP BW data warehousing solutions and reporting with SAP BEx, SAP Business Objects and their best practices
- Experience in configuration and enhancement of standard SAP ECC data sources.
- Knowledge in SAP functional areas such as SD, MM, WM, FI, HR
- Proven experience in development/configuration of custom ETL processes using SAP BW for SAP and non-SAP data sources
- Experience in ABAP programing in relation to SAP BW
- Experience with the core components of the Business Objects reporting tool suite, 4.x or higher (Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Dashboards and building Universes)
- Experience in performance tuning of SAP BW objects & Processes
- Experience in information broadcasting, dynamic recipients and etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP Portal and BI launch pad configuration & administration
- Working experience in BW authorization and authorization concepts in Business Objects Enterprise
- Experience with data visualization tools including Qlik view/Qlik Sense and Visualization methodologies & best practices
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- Manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment to deliver incremental value every day.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.