Position Title: Intermediate Programmer/Analyst
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Our client is a private lending institute based in Toronto, ON. They are looking for an experienced professional to report to the Manager, Application Development, and aid in project deliverables and be accountable for the analysis, design, development, quality assurance, implementation, and support of web, web service, and desktop applications.
Who are you?
- Handle multiple priorities – you are able to multi-task and take on new priorities as they occur
- Go above and beyond – settling for “good enough” is not part of who you are
- Strong communication – you’re able to communicate with clients and stakeholders effectively and efficiently
- Industry – you have experience or significant interest in contributing to the continued success of an organization in the financial industry
- Innovation – you are constantly developing your skills and improving your methods to grow as a professional
What will you be doing?
- Use technology, infrastructure, and timeline provided to design optimal solutions to any identified business needs
- Work alongside various team members including the Application Development Manager,
Implementation Team, Business Analysts, and end users to ensure successful development of code quality, accuracy, and correct business solutions
- Adhere to the SDLC/Agile methodologies while participating in the multiple stages of project development
- Complete project deliverables according to specified deadlines and budget restraints
- Develop solutions using the appropriate language (C#, .NET Framework 4/4.5, ASP.NET, SOAP/REST Web Services, SQL Server 2008/2016, WCF, Entity Framework, Enterprise Library)
- Verify that all functionality adheres to specifications by developing unit test cases/criteria
- 3+ years programming experience
- Education in Computer Science or Information Technology is required
- MTA/MCTS Designation is a MUST
- MS SQL Server development experience
- Experience using ALM tools, like Source control, Defect Tracking, Automated Testing