Location: Hybrid (Etobicoke, ON)
Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Our client is an industry expert in Supply Management and Logistics and are now looking for an IT Project Manager to join their team. The Project Manager will be a crucial member of the team who’d be responsible for the overall direction, planning, coordination and completion of specific IT projects according to the approved scope, budgets and timelines. This role will require the use of a personal car to travel to various warehouses across the GTA, as well at up to 15% out of province travel.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are a team player who supports one another and works together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You can be depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- You lead the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closing of the project.
- You effectively manage the triple constraint (time vs. scope vs. cost).
- Plan, schedule, and manage project timelines, dependencies, and milestones through the use of a project plan.
- Prioritize and delegate project tasks, providing timely direction and support to project team on a day-to-day basis.
- Proactively manage project risks, including the identification of mitigation strategies.
- Identify, assemble and coordinate project resources in a timely manner.
- Facilitate meetings, design workshops, testing activities, and post go live support, keeping a keen eye on quality.
- Prepare and manage the project budget and project charters.
- Collaborate with project team to identify project tasks and resource requirements.
- Perform project reporting and communications, including weekly status updates and/or Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Experience engaging at the Director and VP level with external and internal clients during projects.
- Identify, assemble and coordinate project resources.
- Prepare, manage and report on project budgets.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Engineering, Logistics, or equivalent.
- PMP certified or working towards designation.
- 5+ years proven experience in a project management role focused on system implementation.
- 2 – 3 years experience in implementing WMS solutions (i.e. SAP WM, Manhattan, JDA), preferably in a 3PL environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project.
- Ability to deploy various project management tools and software applications to proactively track, monitor and control project deliverables.
- Possess solid supply chain knowledge, especially in Logistics.
- Ability to consider all possibilities and stakeholders when decision making, action planning, and deploying.
- Results-oriented, with a strong focus on on-time, on-budget, on-scope delivery
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are nimble in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.