We are currently seeking a Nuclear Lead Electrical Engineer for one of our clients located in Pickering, Ontario office to work on assignment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Preparation and review/verification of modification engineering packages for OPG projects
· Making effective use of currently available team resources to meet deliverable quality and project schedules
· Resolving day-to-day technical and field issues, fire-fighting, on assigned projects
· Interfacing with other Project Leaders & DM for resource sharing
· Interfacing with DM for resource allocation and mobilization/demobilization, and project prioritization
· Interface with PMs on project progress
· Project schedule management (engineering only)
· Preparation and/or verification of procurement activities and deliverables.
· Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions
· Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
· Attend weekly meetings with DM to discuss project status
· University Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng)
· 12 years+ experience
· In-depth & hands-on knowledge of OPG Asset Suite processes
· In-depth exposure and knowledge of OPG Procedures & Guides
· Already cleared or eligible for Security clearance
· Capable of preparing and reviewing/verifying modification engineering packages for OPG and/or Bruce Power projects
· Ready to take on project leadership roles (engineering)
· Experience in Consulting Engineering companies engaged in the Canadian Nuclear industry
· Extensive experience in reviewing/verifying all aspects of modification engineering packages for projects
· Experienced in the use of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.