Position Title: Project Specialist
Tenure: 2-year contract (permanent hire possibility)
Compensation: $65,000 – $70,000 annually (depending on experience)
Our client is recognized nationally and is a retailer that is rapidly growing. They are currently in the market for a sharp Project Specialist who will help achieve the primary objectives of the team by gathering and deciphering data in order to support the execution of projects within various departments including Building Services, Energy, and Asset Protection.
What will you be doing?
- Draft and carry out maintenance, capital projects, and rollout for various departments including Building Services and Asset Protection departments
- Support Area Managers with the implementation and execution of capital projects
- Allocate capital budgets by analyzing repair history, asset book life, and working with area managers to determine the condition of assets
- Record and manage capital, expenses, and assist with work order management
- Analyze and showcase the financial impact of various capital investment categories which includes payback and ROI analysis
- Execute tenders, award projects, issue contracts, and make purchase order arrangements.
- In charge of overseeing all areas of project management, which includes monitoring progress and quality of work, budget management, handling escalations, problem-solving techniques, planning, vendor management, project flaws, communication, and, purchase order
- Collaborating with other departments such as visual merchandising, procurement, store operations, etc.
- Relay information to key stakeholders in regards to the completion of project, deadlines, etc.
- Determine areas that can use ongoing improvement in terms of cost control, customer experience, vendor management, etc.
- 2+ years of project coordinator or management experience in a retail environment
- Completion of a degree or equivalent education in a related field of study to the job is a considerable asset
- Project management experience
- Intermediate to Advanced in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Understanding of construction drawings
- Experience working with design software and MS Projects is a considerable asset
- Excellent communication skills combined with strong organizational and multitasking capabilities