We are currently seeking a Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer (Protection & Controls) for our Mississauga, Ontario office. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Carry out with the assigned team, all engineering and design works of electrical power transmission and distribution projects, including switching schemes and single line diagrams, power system analysis, protection and control schemes, three lines, logic diagrams, elementary and connection wiring diagrams, overhead buswork, layouts for power, lighting and grounding, lightning protection, AC and DC power supplies, communication, routing information for all cables and so on.
· Be responsible for the correctness, quality and cost effectiveness of all electrical work on assigned T&D projects.
· Stay current with applicable Department, Discipline and Project procedures.
· Ensure that work is executed in accordance with sound engineering principles, the Project Execution Plan, Project Engineering Plan, the contract, and established procedures and practices.
· Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis) comply with applicable government regulations, standards and sound engineering practices. Coordinates with the Discipline manager to conduct peer reviews of deliverables as required.
· Ensure that required reviews and approvals are provided and documented.
· Engage Discipline Senior Engineers as required and mentoring junior engineers.
· Recommend to the Discipline manager, the need to engage outside engineering consultants/specialists, as required; direct and remain responsible for the project related work of these consultants.
· Advise the Discipline manager on project staffing requirements.
· Review and accept project man-hour estimates for required activities and controls work to meet these estimates; plan and schedule project work of the discipline to meet project schedules, monitor progress and man-hours used, and report regularly to the Project engineer and Discipline manager on project status.
· Implement discipline work management and control tools as directed by the Project engineer and Discipline manager to manage, monitor and control work within the discipline.
· In conjunction with the Project engineer, initiate written change requests for job-hour budgets, schedules and construction commodity quantities, when required.
· Assure assigned personnel have received discipline and project required training and provide project supervision and on-the-job training of assigned personnel.
· Provide input into improvement ideas during project execution and close-out.